The Women on War (WoW) is a Project about womens experiences of war, told in their voices.
The project will focus on the stories of women whose lives have been impacted, changed and affected by war, as told by women.
The WoW Project will tell stories from
• women in the military,
• women in civilian defence roles, including the UN
• women on the home front and,
• civilian women in war zones.
There are four parts to the Women on War Project.
1. A non fiction book featuring the stories of women talking about their experiences of war published by Shooting Star Press
2. A photographic competition and exhibition featuring images of women in each of the settings described above – the photographs will then be published in a full colour coffee table book by Shooting Star Press. Jurors will award prizes for 1st: $1,000; 2nd: $700; and 3rd: $400.
3. A short film competition and a one night Women on War Film Festival featuring stories of women on war from each of the four categories (filmmakers choice). Jurors will award prizes for 1st: $2,000; 2nd: $1400; and 3rd: $800.
4. A documentary about some of the women featured in the book.